In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competencies:
- Apply principles and best practices in program planning
- Apply leadership concepts and principles that facilitate the program planning process
- Determine an appropriate program evaluation methodology
You work at a healthcare organization where a health or healthcare issue has been identified. It is your responsibility to address the issue in the organization and address that issue through an effective health program.
When identifying your chosen health problem or issue in Module One, you conducted a needs justification to gather information on the population you intend to target and an analysis of best evidence-based practices implemented by other organizations with similar programs. Now, you have been asked to present your needs justification and analysis results to senior management at your organization so they can decide whether to approve the plan and implement it. Your presentation should include a program plan using the logic model, a proposed budget, outcome measures, an evaluation methodology, and a development strategy.
Create a PowerPoint program plan presentation with embedded speaker notes and an optional audio narration outlining your program plan using the logic model, outcome measures, a proposed first-year program budget, an evaluation methodology, and a development strategy. Include your speaker notes as a Word document, either downloaded from your presentation or created separately, with slide numbers accompanying each slide note.
Note that all the claims in your program plan presentation should be evidence based. Your citations should be from your independent search for evidence (not from the scenario, textbook, or module resources) of credible sources and be current within the last five years. You are required to cite a minimum of five sources overall. Refer to the Shapiro Library Guide: NursingGraduate located in the Start Here section of the course for additional support.
Specifically, you must complete the following:
- Introduction: Introduce your program plan, including the need for the program, the population being targeted for this program and where they live, and whether similar programs have been successfully implemented in other organizations.
- Program Planning: This aspect of your program plan presentation examines the components of your program plan, design, budget, and how decisions are being made regarding your program. Specifically, address the following:
- Program Plan Components: Explain the fundamental components of your program plan, including why these steps are important to follow when planning a program.
- Program Design Model: Diagram the basic components of the logic model, explaining why each component is critical for designing your program. Be sure to include a completed outcome measurement table.
- Program Budget: Provide a proposed first-year budget for your program, including an explanation of how the budget will be sustained and the expected duration of the program.
- Risks and Benefits: Analyze the risks and benefits of implementing this program plan, including a brief explanation about why this program implementation would be worth the potential risks.
- Roles of Decision-Making Principles: Discuss how systems thinking, critical analysis, and other ethical, evidence-based decision-making principles impact the planning for this program.
- Leadership and Communication: This aspect of your program plan presentation examines the role of team development, leadership, and communication throughout program planning, implementation, and evaluation. It also explores the role of cultural competence, social justice, and ethics in program planning. Specifically, address the following:
- Team Roles and Development: Describe the impact of team development on your program plan, including how you intend to utilize and support your team during program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Data and Information : Explain the specific evidence-based information and organizational data you need to collect during your search for evidence and how it supports your program plan.
- Communication Tools and Techniques: Describe at least two communication tools or techniques you intend to use during the program planning, implementation, or evaluation stages, including how these tools will impact your team.
- Cultural Competence: Discuss how the program is sensitive to different cultural practices and beliefs.
- Health Literacy: Describe the elements of the program that ensure health literacy among the targeted population.
- Social Justice Principles: Analyze the impact of including and not including social justice principles during the planning stage of this program.
- Ethical Principles: Analyze the impact of including and not including ethical principles during the planning stage of this program.
- Program Evaluation: This aspect of your program plan presentation examines the importance of program evaluation and measuring a programs success, as well as how this information can be shared. Specifically, address the following:
- Importance of Evaluation: Explain why it is important to evaluate this programs success during and after implementation and why it is necessary to determine an appropriate methodology and outcome measures for evaluating the program.
- Program Evaluation Methods: Compare at least three different methods of evaluating program success, including a recommendation for the most appropriate evaluation methodology for your program.
- Metric/Outcome Measure Definitions: Define each metric or outcome measure for the methodology you plan to use for evaluating your programs success, including a rationale for why each metric or outcome measure is important to successful program evaluation.
- Data Analysis: Describe how you would analyze the data collected from your program evaluation and which type or types of results would justify continuing the program.
- Sharing Information: Recommend at least three communication methods or tools you plan to use for sharing the results of your program evaluation with stakeholders and how you will communicate any future program improvements or adaptations.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Program Plan Presentation
Submit the following:
- A 12- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation (in addition to title and reference slides) with embedded speaker notes
- A Word document containing speaker notes
- An optional MP4 file of the audio narration for your program plan presentation
Sources should be cited according to APA style.
The following resources support your work on the project:
This tutorial explains how to view and create speaker notes, as well as how to export them into a Word file for submission.
Refer to this example budget to help you complete the budget you will submit as part of your program plan presentation.
You may use this template to help you complete your program plan presentation. Be sure to copy and paste your completed budget into your presentation slide deck; do not submit your budget as a separate document.
Refer to this example outcome measure table to help you complete the outcome measure table you will submit as part of your program plan presentation.
You may use this table to help you complete your presentation. Be sure to copy and paste your completed table into your presentation slide deck; do not submit your outcome measure table as a separate document.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here