Case studies are an essential learning strategy in business classes; they provide an opportunity for you to critically analyze events that have taken place in real-life businesses. This develops your critical thinking and research skills as you research the competition and industry in which your business resides with an end goal of formulating a recommendation for the challenges faced by the company. The case studies in this course are aligned with The Society for Human Resource Management Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK). They address the key functional areas of human resources and human capital management. For this assignment, you will review the following case study: Religious Discrimination and Racial Harassment: What Ever Happened to MarShawn DeMur? To access this document, navigate to the , and click on the button at the bottom of the page to agree to the terms and conditions. Once you are on the Student Workbooks webpage, scroll down to the Employment Law section, and select the following link: Religious Discrimination and Racial Harassment: What Ever Happened to MarShawn DeMur? To access the case study, select the student workbook link. Evaluate this case, and respond to each of the following prompts using both theory and practical managerial thinking as well as supporting research.
- Identify and describe the specific issues Maalick encountered in the workplace. Do the actions of other workers at Treton represent religious discrimination and racial harassment? What elements of law are important for Treton to consider?
- Evaluate the actions of the HR director, Marta Ford, in response to Maalicks discrimination situation. What could she have done to prevent the situation, and what more could she do to ensure that this type of situation would not occur in the future?
- How would you characterize Clive Jenkins behavior and response to this situation?
- What resolution to this situation might Judith Dixon suggest?
- What are the broader implications of this situation for Treton? What type of organizational review might Dixon initiate or suggest from a corporate perspective?
You can access a from the CSU Writing Center. Do not use the question-and-answer format; rather, use the format demonstrated in the sample case study. Your response should be a minimum of two pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment. APA formatting is required.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here