https://eliteassignments.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Class-Assignments-Logo-300x70.png 0 0 https://eliteassignments.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Class-Assignments-Logo-300x70.png 2022-03-29 15:06:302022-03-29 15:06:30Risk Methodologies
Deliverable Length: 612 slides with 150200 words in notes section
Respond to the following scenario with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use research to reinforce your ideas.
Apix is considering coffee packaging as an additional diversification to its product line. Heres information regarding the coffee packaging project:
- Initial investment outlay of $40 million, consisting of $35 million for equipment and $5 million for net working capital (NWC) (plastic substrate and ink inventory); NWC recoverable in terminal year
- Project and equipment life: 5 years
- Sales: $27 million per year for five years
- Assume gross margin of 50% (exclusive of depreciation)
- Depreciation: Straight-line for tax purposes
- Selling, general, and administrative expenses: 10% of sales
- Tax rate: 35%
Assume a WACC of 10%.
Should the coffee packaging project be accepted? Why or why not? Compute the projects IRR and NPV.
In addition, answer the following questions:
- Do you believe that there was sufficient financial information to make a solid decision on what to do?
- Was there further financial information that you required that was not provided to you?
- What financial figure do you believe was the determinant to your decision and why?
- How would you be able to apply this particular financial information to other situations?
- Discuss risk methodologies used in capital budgeting.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here