Psychology in MyLife WritingAssignmentStudents will write an essay of 750-1000 words (not including title and
reference pages) in which you analyze and synthesize psychological concepts
apply them to your speculations concerning your career and your future life. In
the essay, you will need to clearly identify your career and why you have
chosen it and then explain how what you have learned in psychology will
enhance your career and life.
The PSY 1010 essay will require you to use your critical thinking skills and your
writing ability to address a question of primary importance: How will you usepsychology in your career and in your life? In order to be able tosuccessfully answer this question, you must be able to analyze and synthesize
psychological concepts and be able to apply them to your speculations
concerning your career and your future life. In your essay, you will need to
clearly identify your career and why you have chosen it and then explain how
what you have learned in psychology will enhance your career and your life.
Your paper will make use of two sources:
1. The first source is your textbook itself. You will select FOURPSYCHOLOGY concepts/topics from at least two different chapters tofocus on in your paper.
2. The second source is an article from a refereed (peer-reviewed)journal (preferably an American Psychological Association journalpublished within the last five years) which addresses one of thepsychological concepts or topics relevant to your intended career. Youwill want to find an article which is research (data-driven) based andwhich uses the experimental or correlational method. The articlemust have the traditional sections associated with a researchstudy (abstract, introduction (literature review), methods, results,discussion, references). That means no reviews of literature or othertypes of articles. If you are not sure, check with your instructor.
In discussing information from your text, you must reference the appropriate
chapters, identify and define each relevant concept, and explain why the
psychological concepts you focus on are or will be relevant to your career and
your future life. You will be expected to use specific examples of how the
concepts will be relevant to your career. Merely saying a concept is important is
not sufficient. You must be specific about how it will benefit you in your career.
For the journal article, you will be integrating the article and its content into your
paper to highlight its significance to your chosen field of study rather than
merely citing it. You will be using the journal article to discuss itsrelationship to one of the concepts or topics you have selected asimportant to your career. Note that you will be discussing the article and theimplication of its findings for your career in some detail, not merely mentioning
it in passing.
Your paper must be done using APA formatting style which includes:
1. A title page with the title in the middle of the page2. Page numbering in the upper right corner beginning with 1 on the title
3. In-text citations in APA format (that means the citation follows eitherthe quote or the paraphrase of the information provided)
4. A reference page at the end (called References) in APA format
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here