BIS1003 Introduction to Programming
Topic 2: Input, Processing, and Output
Apply and test your knowledge of the current and previous topics by attempting the
questions below. Completing these questions will help you to succeed in your
Complete workshop-2 activities and submit your work during the workshop
Use your algorithms from last week to implement the following Python programs:
1. Write a Python program to ask the end user to enter the length and the width
of a rectangle in centimetre and then calculates and displays the rectangle
area in meters. 1 cm = 1/100 m.
2. Write a Python program that asks the end user to enter a temperature in
Fahrenheit temperatures (F) and then convert to Celsius units (C) and
displays it to the user. C = (F – 32) /1.8
3. Write a Python programs to enter a positive number. Then the program
calculates and displays the double of the number.
4. Assume a company purchased some stock in Software Ltd. six months ago.
The details of the purchase are:
• The number of shares that the company purchased was 400.
• When the company purchased the stock, it paid $20.05 per share.
• It paid the stockbroker a commission that amounted to 2.2 percent
of the amount the company paid for the stock.
One month later, the company sold the stock. The details of the sale are:
• The number of shares that the company sold was 400.
• It sold the stock for $32.03 per share.
• It paid the stockbroker another commission that amounted to 2.2
percent of the amount the company received for the stock.
Write a program that shows the following amounts:
• money that the company paid for the stock.
• commission that the company paid the broker on buying the
• amount that the company sold the stock for
• commission that the company paid the broker on selling the stock.
• net profit the company made in stock business.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here